Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's Always Been That Way

It's been a while, I know. I won't get into specifics, but there is alot to do and not enough time. The job is slowly getting to be more demanding and the house is not a house of order...
Some folks wonder why I enjoy country music. Yes, I'm black. BUT.. I'm also raised by parents that exposed me to quite a bit when I was younger- I'm lucky that they enlarge my life aperture.
In middle school I fell in love with the Black Crowes. There was something gritty and awesome about their guitars and the lyrics that appealed to me. I've been a fan since and have had the opportunity to see them live. There is a weird link to me between Southern Rock, country music, clean lyrics, and lyrics that I can play in front of my daughters while we are in the car.
Southern rock was a bridging solution that allowed me to open my ears and eyes to country.
It was me. Not a girl. Not the desire to fit in. It was me....

No comments:

Post a Comment